This page lists articles that I have written for the news media. Where the article is still available on the site that published it, the link points there; otherwise it points to a PDF version in my archives.
- Napoletano, B.M., H. Agredano Rivera, and F. Estañol Tecuatl. 22 June 2018. The crisis of the regime and the 2018 elections. MR Online. Also published with an introduction by Héctor Agredano Rivera at Socialist Worker.
(We did not author this statement, rather we translated into English a declaration by the PRT.)
- Napoletano, B.M. 30 April 2018. Ecological Marxism vs. environmental neo-Malthusianism: An old debate continues. Climate & Capitalism.
- Napoletano, B.M. 5 January 2017. A defeat the Democrats deserved. Socialist Worker.
(In April 2017, Monthly Review published a piece by John Bellamy Foster in which he effectively argues the opposite to my main claim in this article. He seems to have grasped the situation far more clearly than I did, such that I think that I was mistaken here. In Mexico, fascism has not yet received any significant momentum---perhaps because the State is already sufficiently authoritarian as it is---and I was largely unaware of how different the situation is in the USA.)
- Napoletano, B.M. 10 May 2016. What will November bring for Mexico? Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. and H.A. Rivera. 4 February 2014. Why the autodefensas won concessions. Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 16 February 2011. The Egyptian Revolution and Democracy. The Palestine Chronicle.
- Napoletano, B.M. 18 January 2011. Beyond the vitriolic rhetoric. Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 14 July 2010. UC Irvine administrators call to [suspend] Muslim student group for Palestine protest. The Electronic Intifada.
(In response to this article, the University administration claimed that I failed to note that they had only recommended a ban at the time that the article was written. This confusion was due primarily to the ambiguity surrounding their initial statements and their refusal to answer any of my requests for clarification.)
- Napoletano, B.M. 22 June 2010. Targeted for protesting Israel. Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 21 May 2010. OECD Rewards Israel’s Occupation. The Palestine Chronicle. Also published in Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 19 April 2010. A setback for Internet freedom. Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 12 April 2010. Strike threat wins new contract. Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 13 November 2009. On House Resolution 867: The Real Issue Is the Israeli Occupation. MR Online.
- Napoletano, B.M. 11 November 2009. Academic Freedom in Name and Practice at Purdue. MR Online.
- Napoletano, B.M. 14 October 2009. Civil rights struggles live on in fight for marriage equality. Purdue Exponent. (Guest column)
- Napoletano, B.M. 13 October 2009. Quick fixes demonstrate poor comprehension. Purdue Exponent. (Opinion)
- Napoletano, B.M. 22 September 2009. Democrats look the other way. Socialist Worker.
- Napoletano, B.M. 7 April 2009. White House overlooked Israel's role in Gaza crisis. Purdue Exponent. (Guest column)
- Napoletano, B.M. 7 April 2009. U.S. involvement has propelled Gaza conflict. Lafayette Journal & Courier. Guest column.
- Napoletano, B.M. 22 February 2009. Argument against housing Guantanamo detainees is ridiculous. Purdue Exponent. (Opinion)
- Napoletano, B.M. 27 May 2008. Purdue community has place in torture discussion. Purdue Exponent. (Opinion)